The Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance (APLMA) is seeking a Senior Coordinator (consultant) to oversee preparations for the 2017 Malaria Week.
Together with country leaders and key stakeholders such as the World Health Organization, APLMA co-convenes senior government officials during an annual Malaria Week. This year Malaria Week will take place in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, on 4–8 December 2017.
Malaria Week includes a series of high level meetings which take place in one location over a period of five days. These meetings include participation of Director Generals from ministries of health, finance and foreign affairs, Ministers of Health from Asia, and the Pacific countries, as well as representatives from major Global Health Organizations, Development Finance Institutions, and donor countries.
Joint Malaria Week, incorporating the Senior Officials Meeting, and this year, possibly a Health Ministers meeting, is the cornerstone the region’s work to coordinate and celebrate the extraordinary progress made against malaria in the last 10 years.
The Senior Coordinator will manage the coordination and organisational arrangements for Malaria Week which will take place in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, 4-8 December 2017, in a fast-paced environment. Communicating across 25 countries in multiple time zones and with multiple partners, this will be an exciting and demanding role; and one well supported by other events personnel, subcontractors, and the senior management team in Singapore.
A motivated and creative coordinator, you will work to curate and support the delivery of a world-class event. Working in partnership with a team of world-class professionals, you will often be the outward facing APLMA point of contact with senior officials and decision-makers from across the region. The role will require high levels of attention to detail, but also creativity in ensuring a memorable event that is both rewarding for the participants and significantly progresses the elimination agenda.
The assignment is of 6 months duration, commencing 1 July 2017 and is based at the APLMA Headquarters in Singapore.
The Senior Coordinator reports to the Deputy CEO and works closely with the Senior Director of Operations, Chief Executive Officer, and Myanmar-based consultants and event management contractor.
Manage Communication with Governments and Development Partners
- Manage invitations and follow-up communications with senior government officials and agencies, as well international key stakeholders and partner organisations.
- Provide strategic support for engagement and communication with government counterparts, key partners, and stakeholders at whole of government level to the organization of Malaria Week and the APLMA SOM (4-8 December 2017).
- Draft briefings, high-level policy notes and talking points for different audiences.
- Draft and input into the agendas, presentations, and communications for the APLMA Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) and the Ministerial Meeting.
- Oversee staff responsible for organisation and the logistical arrangements.
- Oversee staff responsible for maintaining a database of participant invitations, responses, and professional and personal details.
- Oversee staff responsible for travel, hotel accommodations, and visa application processes, with the local event management contractor.
For further information, including application instructions, please see the full position description and/or send any questions/requests for further information by email.